Re: Turn Debian into a Desktop-System what to do

Alexander Fitterling wrote:
Everyone :)

I am using Debian testing/unstable. I wished to get rid of
klogd,sysklogd, cron/anacron - I did so.
/var/log amounts around 400MB of size - this is way huge! I want to
get rid of those files - could that be done without any problems if
considering to run the system without logging capabilities?

  you need logs (now or later).

install logrotate to rotate logs (it makes sure that you don't have too much logs, you can configure it to keep more or less logs around)

	erik