Re: Alternative to VMware?

Dave Carrigan wrote:

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 12:54:03PM -0600, Joel Konkle-Parker wrote:
I really want to get a copy of VMware, but I don't have $140 for the student version. So I'm looking for alternatives. I just want some kind of sandbox where I can test out new software, distros, etc, without rebooting into a seperate partition.

What do other people use?

VMWare is the only game in town. win4lin is windows only. Bochs has
potential, but is nowhere near there.

I agree with Dave's assessment. VMWare is expensive, but it works.

--
Kent