Re: 80G disk seen as 20G?

> kernel sees 80 GB, so that's ok. But node the partitions:
> hda1 hda2.
>
> So partition 1 is 18 GB, don't know how much partition 2 is (could be 60
> GB, or only a part).
>
> Use fdisk /dev/hda  to revise your partition table.

There is only one big partition, plus the swap one:
-----
spl09:/home/vmunoz/tmp# fdisk -l

Disk /dev/hda: 255 heads, 63 sectors, 9729 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 bytes

   Device Boot    Start       End    Blocks   Id  System
/dev/hda1   *         1      2432  19535008+  83  Linux
/dev/hda2          2433      2556    996030   82  Linux swap
-----

> > I have another machine with the bf2.4 kernel, 40G hard disk, and
> > it is recognized as such by df.
> >
> I don't know what you mean by this. You want to show that your other 2.4
> kernel doesn't have a 18 GB limit with a 40 GB HD? Well, I guess this
> harddisk has one big parition then.

  Yes, that's what I wanted to show. If it were a kernel issue, I would
have had problems with the other machine as well, as it is above the 34G
limit. Now, the machine with the 40G disk has a small 100M boot partition,
/dev/hda1, mounted on /boot, but /dev/hda2, which is mounted on /,
is shown by df to be 36G, so that's fine. And it's still above (well,
slighty) the 34G for 2.3 and older kernels. But then again, I'm using a
newer kernel.

  Regards,

						Victor