Re: dselect: tell it to never mind?

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 05:17:43PM -0500, Russ Schneider wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Feb 2004, Colin Watson wrote:
> > What does 'dpkg --configure <package>' say?
>
> Setting up postgresql (7.3.4-10) ...
> Could not read /etc/postgresql/pg_hba.conf at
> /usr/lib/postgresql/bin/convert.pg_hba.conf line 4.
> dpkg: error processing postgresql (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
>  postgresql

(Please mail just the list, not me as well. Thanks.)

If you've fixed /etc/postgresql/pg_hba.conf manually, which you seemed
to suggest you had, then just to make sure search for check_pg_hba_conf
in /var/lib/dpkg/info/postgresql.postinst and try to work out why it
still thinks that file is in an old format.

Also, it looks as if /usr/lib/postgresql/bin/convert.pg_hba.conf is
buggy. Try removing the # at the beginning of line 3 and putting it at
the beginning of line 4 instead, then run 'dpkg --configure postgresql'.

I think you should report a bug about this, even if that works. Note
that there's been a newer version of postgresql than 7.3.4-10 in
unstable for over a month now, although just from looking at it it would
appear that the bug is still there.

Where did 7.3.4-10 come from, anyway? It doesn't appear to have ever
been in Debian.

Cheers,