Re: Huge apache temp files

C. Chad Wallace wrote:
Hello,

I noticed today that apache is filling up my disk with a huge file in /tmp. Two files show up in /tmp if I have either apache or apache-ssl running and are removed when both are stopped. Here are the two files in /tmp:

-rw------- 1 root root 67108864 Feb 1 11:09 session_mm_apache0.mem -rw------- 1 root root 0 Feb 1 11:09 session_mm_apache0.sem

Well, it appears I jumped the gun on blaming that file for filling my disk. :-) Upon closer inspection (namely 'ls -hsl'), it looks like the file only takes up one kilobyte. But I'm still curious as to why the other size field shows such a huge number.

Chad.