Re: Frustrated: How to map mouse wheel to PageUp and PageDown?

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 06:05:33PM +0000, Bob Freemer wrote:
> On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 12:40:25 -0500
> Richard Hoskins <detach@adelphia.net> wrote:
>
> > Bob Freemer <bob.freemer@oxamer.com> writes:
> >
> > > My mouse wheel works, but is not as fast as I prefer.  I would like
> > > it to universally do page up and page down instead of scolling by
> > > lines.  It seems this would have the proper effect in all
> > > applications, since pageup and pagedown are relatively universal.
> >
> > Have you looked into the imwheel package?  It may do what you want.
>
> Richard, thanks.  I did look into it and there's no apparent documentation
> for this type of setting.  I'll look a bit harder again, but I don't think
> it's there.

imwheel basically maps mouse wheel events to key press events, so if
you really wanted to you could make your mouse wheel type AAAAAAAAAAAA
if you twiddle it in an xterm :-) IIRC its config file is of the
self-documenting type. Install it and have a fiddle.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons