Re: Mobo with fan controls

Christian Schnobrich wrote:
On Son, 2004-02-01 at 04:48, Arnt Karlsen wrote:

carpeted floor. It's a simple matter to make filters for case fans
and to install in such a way that there's always positive air
pressure in the case.

..before re-assembly, rip open vacuum cleaner bags and use the filter
sheets to cover all case openings?

NOOOOOOOOO!

Don't do this. I tried, and found out that with the main air inlets
being 'clogged' (with filters) the air would seek alternative routes.
There's incredibly many small slits everywhere, and after I covered
those, too, I found the air to be sucked through my optical & floppy
drives. And although the drives would filter an astonishing amount of
dust, it was not what I had in mind when I started.

Paul (was it Paul?) made an important statement: maintain a positive air
pressure in the case. That's my (current, and working) approach: have a
set of fans gather their air through a filter and blow it into the
housing.
There's a few hints and tips I'd gladly pass on if you're interested;
however, given the work involved, water cooling might be considered as
well.

cu,
Schnobs

Yes, I'd like to hear some of the specifics of your installation.

Hugo.