Re: dh_installpam error

On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 11:40:10AM -0500, David Clymer said
> I'm attempting to build a backported (to woody) source package of
> freeradius-9.2-4
>
> However I've run into a problem (build script error below):
>
> dh_strip
> dh_installlogrotate
> dh_installinit -n
> dh_installpam --name=radiusd
> Unknown option: name
> dh_installpam: unknown option; aborting
> make: *** [binary-arch] Error 1
>
> the thing is, i can build the package on another woody box. My first
> guess would have been that box2 (the successful one) has a newer version
> of dpkg which supports an option the that box1's (the unsuccessful one)
> older package does not. However, I checked, and both have the same
> version. Is there any other package which I could check for which may
> contain the dh_installpam script, or am I way off track with regards to
> the source of this problem? What other explainations might there be?

dh_installpam is from the debhelper package.  The "name" option was
added in debhelper 4.1.68:

debhelper (4.1.68) unstable; urgency=low
  * dh_installmodules, dh_installpam, dh_installcron, dh_installinit,
    dh_installogrotate: add --name= option, that can be used to specify
    the name to use for the file(s) installed by these commands. For example,
    dh_installcron --name=foo will install debian/package.foo.cron.daily to
    etc/cron.daily/foo. Closes: #138202, #101003, #68545, #148844
    (Thanks to Thomas Hood for connecting these bug reports.)
 -- Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>  Fri, 22 Aug 2003 15:27:36 -0400

Which is *after* woody released, so somehow box2 has got a newer version of
debhelper.

You can either update your debhelper or copy the file manually to
$(DESTDIR)etc/pam.d/radiusd with cp in debian/rules.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:            quiche CID cybercash ASLET mindwar bomb Becker UOP