dpkg, make-kpkg and 2.6 kernel

I have used make-kpkg to make a 2.6 kernel deb which
is producing a strange
error on attempted installation.  I simply used the
source package with the
config file from the 686 kernel image deb.  I receive
the following error
when attempting to install:

dpkg: error processing
kernel-image-2.6.0_std1_i386.deb (--install):
 trying to overwrite `/DEBIAN/control', which is also
in package tar
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken
pipe)
 kernel-image-2.6.0_std1_i386.deb

The /DEBIAN directory exists after this process but is
empty.  On a previous
attempt it did indeed contain the control file for
tar.

Any ideas on solving the problem would be appreciated.

http://greetings.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Greetings
Send your love online with Yahoo! Greetings - FREE!