Re: xmms broken lately on Testing

On Saturday 31 January 2004 11:17 am, Uwe Dippel wrote:
> . very lately, indeed. Yesterday I used it without problems; today,
> after the latest upgrade, it opens, everything okay, but when clicking
> 'Play' it simply doesn't do anything. It neither complains nor crashes /
> freezes.
> Simply nothing. Doesn't play; doesn't advance the counter.

Odd, I upgrade almost daily on Sid and xmms works Just Fine.

This is a wild guess but do "killall esd", "killall artsd".

I have the seen problem you describe and its due to some other program
wanting the soundcard. If that doesn't work try "ps auxf" and see if you
have anyother media players listed in running programs.
--
Self-esteem - delusion actively seeking repudiation.
	-- Uncle Al