dh_installpam error

I'm attempting to build a backported (to woody) source package of
freeradius-9.2-4

However I've run into a problem (build script error below):

dh_strip
dh_installlogrotate
dh_installinit -n
dh_installpam --name=radiusd
Unknown option: name
dh_installpam: unknown option; aborting
make: *** [binary-arch] Error 1

the thing is, i can build the package on another woody box. My first
guess would have been that box2 (the successful one) has a newer version
of dpkg which supports an option the that box1's (the unsuccessful one)
older package does not. However, I checked, and both have the same
version. Is there any other package which I could check for which may
contain the dh_installpam script, or am I way off track with regards to
the source of this problem? What other explainations might there be?

any enlightenment would be most appreciated.

--
-davidc