Re: Esta

Or use mozilla packages from www.backports.org.
They are compiled for woody.

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Joel Konkle-Parker wrote:

My Mozilla (1.0.0, 3.0r2) always reacts badly to these kinds of messages (with the subject full of ????s), freezing up, running the cpu to 100% for 30 secs or so, leaking memory, etc.

Anyone have any advice?

Download a Mozilla 1.6 binary from:

http://www.mozilla.org/releases/

or (what I do) apt-get install libxft2 and libxft-dev from

deb http://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/mirrors.evilgeniuses.org.uk/debian/backports/woody/ gnome2.2/

and gcc-3.2 from:

deb http://www.fs.tum.de/~bunk/debian woody/bunk-1 main contrib non-free

and get the source of 1.6 from

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/releases/mozilla1.6/src/mozilla-source-1.6.tar.bz2

and compile it yourself using gcc/c++-3.2 and the xft libs for antialiasing support. That is the latest Mozilla release which has none of the probs of 1.0.0. But... it is not a Debian package of course.

Hugo.

--
Jan Suchy                        "Please don't CC me, I'm subscribed."