Re: SSL certificates

On Thursday 29 January 2004 09:24 pm, Matthew Joyce wrote:
> Can anyone comment on www.instantssl.com certs ?
> any problems with them ?

> In fact can anyone recommend cheap ssl certs ?

I've looked at using Thawte - I don't know what your definition of "cheap"
is, but they are cheaper than VeriSign.

One think you'll want to check is if the client programs (web browser,
mail client, etc) comes with the SSL cert provider's root certificates
installed.

If not, you'll have to manually install the root certificate to get it to
work seamlessly, and in that case you might as well just use openssl and
self-signed certificates.

Adam