Re: Grub doing strange things

Hello Alan!

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 09:37:32PM +0000, Alan Chandler wrote:
I've just switched over to grub.

When I boot it seems to automagically include all the kernels installed in /boot in its list after the ones I put there.

1) How do they get there, and can you turn them off

The update-grub script adds them, just edit your
/boot(/boot)/grub/menu.lst and remove these lines, and don't ever run
update-grub again.

2) Why do they always fail to work (seems they are missing an initrd clause)

They shouldn't, as man update-grub claims to add appropriate initrd
clauses to menu.lst.
Please check the BTS whether maybe another error might be the cause
for failing, and if not, and the error is reproducible, file a
bugreport.

HTH,
Flo