Re: script to list installed packages

Einstein9112@yahoo.com wrote:
Hi all,

I know that somewhere there is a command to list all installed packages (I even remember using it way back when...), but I can't seem to find it. I've looked at the various apt utility man pages and have not found anything, even for apt-cache. I'm trying to write a script to run the command daily (with cron), and dump the list to a file. This should be a useful tool to keep track of package installs and removals. Just by running diff on two files, one can tell what got install/removed/upgraded that day.

Thanks,
PaulNM

Good work, This is interesting to include in Debian .

It's a necessary and userfriendly tool.

Regards.