Re: script to list installed packages

Jamin W. Collins wrote:
On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 12:27:11AM -0500, Einstein9112@yahoo.com wrote:

I know that somewhere there is a command to list all installed packages

Perhaps "dpkg --get-selections" would be a good starting point?

Doh!
 I completely forgot about dpkg, I'm so used to apt.
This seems great for the purposes of the script. Running that returns 480 package names, same as how many synaptic says are installed. I'm going to write a script up, test and rework it, then post it here for feedback. Any other ideas are welcome in the meantime.

Thanks again,
   PaulNM