Re: sound blaster live support

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 11:16:12PM -0500, walt wrote:
> Any easy way to get a sound blaster live working in debian testing? I
> am googling right now but would really appreciate any hints.

If you are using a 2.4.x Debian kernel image:

apt-get install alsa-modules-`uname -r` alsa-base alsa-utils

That should install the modules to match your running kernel and the
necessary utilities.  For configuration information you may want to read
the following web site (long link):

   http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php?company=Creative+Labs&card=Soundblaster+Live&chip=EMU10K1&module=emu10k1#modp

If you're not using a 2.4.x kernel I would highly recommend upgrading to
one before trying to get the SB Live working.

--
Jamin W. Collins

Remember, root always has a loaded gun.  Don't run around with it unless
you absolutely need it. -- Vineet Kumar