Re: 2 questions from debian noob

* Timmy P. <timbo18063@yahoo.com> [040127 17:27]:

> i was wondering if yall could tell me why the network
> install for debian does not support Internal PCI
> cards.  I do not have a laptop, and can not spare 7
> cds to install the os that i have heard so much good
> about.

It depends on the chipset your PCI-card is based on. Most cards should
work. My notebooks Intel ethernet pro 100 based internal device is
supported. Some others might not. Do you know more about your card?

> My other question, does debian work with AMD
> processors?  I believe they are intell compatible, but
> i can't find them mentioned on the debian site...so i
> figured i would ask the list.

Yes, AMD processors are compatible with Intel processors, and therfore
will work with Debian.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander