Re: test and other messages ( May be virus)

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 09:33:27PM +1100, Tim Bates wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 27, 2004 7:40 PM, Sanjay Chigurupati wrote:
> > there seem to be a lot of messages on the list with .zip attachment
> > recently.
> > The number seems to be increasing. I have a feelin that it might be some
> > virus. please be careful
>
> It is a virus. I got a message from AusCERT (Aussie IT security place) about
> it this morning (as in about 12 hrs ago).
> http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.novarg.a@mm.html
> for more info.

And some instances of it are forging "debian-user@lists.debian.org" as the
sender. Others are forging "jah.pigeon@ukonline.co.uk"... I received several
"original" copies today and nearly as many bounces. If the perpetrator is
found a message will go out to the pigeon population calling for a carpet
bombing.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons