Re: [OT] DVD-ROM hardware question

hi ya roberto

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Roberto Sanchez wrote:

> hda -> WDC 120 GB HDD
> hdb -> empty
> hdc -> CD-RW
> hdd -> DVD-ROM

good idea .... and good idea to use 80-conductor cable

> The problem is that now the DVD-ROM drive only recognizes CDs.  I have
> tried it in hdb, hdc, and hdd, with the same results each time.  I can

what does /dev/cdrom and /dev/dvdrw point to ??

what is the lilo/grub bootup options for hdc, hdd

a dvd is NOT the same "config options" as a cdrom
	- its NOT 100% interchangeable ... you need to reset the
	kernel boot options accordingly
	- also depends if your just reading vs attempting writes
	to cd vs dvd

	- and more fun to try to put a hd where a cdrom or dvd used to be
c ya
alvin