Re: [OT] Bruce Perens talks to BBC

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 15:00:11 -0500
Paul Morgan <paulswm@earthlink.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 04:49:26 +0100, Jan Minar wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 05:01:17PM -0800, Nano Nano wrote:
> >> Here's another view of that data:
> >
> > What about this one?:
> >
> > | Country Aid(Billions) People(Millions) Dollars/Person
> > | Australia	1	19.7	50.76
> > | Austria	0.5	8.1	61.73
> > | Belgium	1.1	10.2	107.84
> > | Canada	2	32.2	62.11
> > | Denmark	1.6	5.3	301.89
> > | Finland	0.5	5.1	98.04
> > | France	5.2	60.1	86.52
> > | Germany	5.4	82.3	65.61
> > | Greece	0.3	10.6	28.30
> > | Ireland	0.4	3.9	102.56
> > | Italy	2.3	57.9	39.72
> > | Japan	9.2	127.2	72.33
> > | Luxembourg	0.1	0.4	250.00
> > | Netherlands	3.4	16.1	211.18
> > | New Zealand	0.1	3.9	25.64
> > | Norway	1.7	4.5	377.78
> > | Portugal	0.3	10.1	29.70
> > | Spain	1.6	40.2	39.80
> > | Sweden	1.8	8.8	204.55
> > | Switzerland	0.9	7.3	123.29
> > | U K	4.7	60	78.33
> > | USA	12.9	290.3	44.44
> >
> > As any person capable of reading can see, The US *are* the worst!
>
> Wow, yes, thanks for pointing that out.  It must be me who is incapable of
> reading, because I had no idea, until I saw your post, that 44.44 < 39.8
> or that 44.4 < 25.64, for instance.
>
> Must be the New Math.
>
> You ought to file bug reports against gcc, perl, bash etc., because they
> all think that it's the other way around.

Ahh, I let all the other people who never notice the ordering in this off. But you don't deserve it.

So in you're best singing voice:

a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u w x y and zed (not zee I'm British!)

--
OoberMick
"Ahhh, what an awful dream! Ones and zeroes everywhere... and I thought I saw a two!" -- Bender (Futurama)