Re: deluser without rebooting first

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 03:43:24AM -0600, Alex Malinovich wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 02:32, Nano Nano wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 12:19:27AM -0800, Nano Nano wrote:
> > > who -H says the user has pts/[0-3] open, even though I've slayed him.
> > > How can I close those?
> >
> > Apparently this is gnome-terminal that's causing it.
> > Been open for a while.
> >
> > Anyway, is there a way to forcibly close them and "clean up"?
>
> If the processes are still listed, then yes. What I would do is:

That's the point: they are ghosts, like the bug says.  The pts's are
left open by the user but no processes by the user are running!

I've discovered that if I close each of my gnome-terminals before
exiting X, the pts's are closed.  But if I just leave X, the pts's are
left open after the process exits.

Can anybody running gnome-terminal in Sid reproduce that?