Re: Derivative effects.

Al Davis wrote:

> At the time, I believed like the majority, that Henderson was just
> jealous of his competition, because he couldn't keep up.  In hindsight,
> now I see it Henderson's way.
>
> How is this case different from GPL violations today?
>
> http://www.esva.net/~thom/philkatz.html
> http://www.was-ist-fido.de/doks/fnews/fido540.txt
Whatever history decides what the details were, the future looks like we
are going to return to the Greek tradition, which was to view ideas as
the gifts of the Muses. Therefore not patentable. The complexity of
software is such now that the judges and juries who decide case law
cannot possibly understand what they are doing, and- as the PKzip case
suggests, we'll find ways around the court decisions to make them
trivial.