Re: upgrading to testing from woody

On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 12:29, Rolando Abarca wrote:
> I just one to upgrade a few packages fron woody to testing, not all of
> them, for instance, mysqlserver, apache and X...
> What's the easiest way to do this without having to upgrade my entire
> system to testing?
>
> salud! (cheers!)
> funkaster = (person *)malloc(sizeof(person)*curr_age+2);

Add the testing lines to /etc/apt/sources.list
apt-get update
apt-get -t testing mysqlserver apache
(which will get mysqlserver and apache from testing, along with any
packages they depend on).

However, since you obviously intend to run this as a server, I'd
recommend against installing testing. To my understanding testing gets
security patches much later than stable or unstable. The reasons for
this are somewhat complicated, but it essentially comes down to that
testing is the next stable, not meant for usability. Pretty much all
software you need for a server should be in stable anyway.

(This is my understanding, someone who has more of a clue than me feel
free to correct me.)

Edward