Re: strange libvorbis0 problem

On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 02:40:08PM +0000, raoul duke wrote:
> mplayer: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.3' not found (required by
> /usr/lib/libvorbis.so.0)

Seems like libvorbis requires a feature not present in Woody's glibc
(v2.2), and is careful enough to check the versions--quick look at
the ``strings /lib/libc.so.6 | grep GLIBC'' leads me to guessing glibc
defines such symbols, and the program using the library can easily check
the glibc version by checking which of them are present.

> i uninstalled and purged libvorbis0, which also purged my KDE installation
> and mplayer, did apt-get clean and then reinstalled KDE and mplayer but i
> am still getting the same error messages.

Need a glibc 2.3 backport, too?  Dependency bug?

> i downloaded the sources of libvorbis0 from debian, compiled the package
> and installed that but i am still getting the same error message. what's
> going on?

Did you get the Debian proper package, or the marillat's?

Mplayer + libvorbis work for me;
ii  mplayer-686            1.0-pre2-woody0.1 The Ultimate Movie Player For Li
ii  libvorbis0             1.0rc3-1          The Vorbis General Audio Compres
ii  libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2 2.95.4-11woody1   The GNU stdc++ library
--
Jan Minar                   "Please don't CC me, I'm subscribed." x 9