Re: Export to eps removes transparency

On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 09:11:50PM +0530 or thereabouts, Sridhar M.A. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We did a drawing in oodraw (1.1.0-3). Selected the same and chose export to eps
> (selection only). The resulting eps is not what I actually drew. The
> colors were messed up. Hunting around we traced it to the loss of
> transparency while exporting.
>
> Funny thing is that when I print to a file (ps), a dialog pops up querying
> whether the transparency is to be maintained. Saying yes will result in a ps
> file which has the proper colors.
>
> Is this the expected behaviour or is it a bug? Anyone else has got round
> this problem?

I would think so, even the Adobe apps show this behaviour. One generally
has better control when writing to postscript, then one does exporting
to file. Exporting is usually quick, painless, but with the pitfalls
you've described.

--
Stephen
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the