Re: limited diskspace

On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 09:47:48PM -0800, David wrote:
> I've got limited free diskspace (~700MB) on my debian workstation,
> with ~ 2GB consumed.  Would it be a bad idea to do an apt-get
> upgrade?

Dunno.  Why upgrade?

You might look at getting another HD.  Pretty cheap these days.  Best
Buy had a pretty good ($60) rebate going for a while on WD drives.

> Didn't know if this command causes a lot of data to be downloaded to
> disk.

Try it and see.  It'll tell you.

man apt-get
  (note the part about the autoclean/clean options as well...)

Kenward
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,