Re: Module loading

On Sat, 2004-01-24 at 17:24, Rajesh Menon wrote:
> Hi, how do we load modules at boot-time on debian? when i look at
> modules.conf, it says that I shouldnt edit it, and to use modconf and
> look at update-modules.
> also there are some files in /etc/modutils and is this where I should
> add the module specific lines? I'm trying to have 'snd-intel8x0' up
> after boot, and right now I "modprobe snd-intel8x0". how can i get this
> done while the other modules are brought up? There is an "alsa" file in
> /etc/modutils which has a line "alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0".

the way i did it was by installing the following packages

alsa-base
alsa-utils

(i am not sure which one did the job). during configuration of the
package it asks me what my sound card is, (and then presumably sets up
the correct module(s) in /etc/modutils)

anyhow it seems very clean and straight-forward. i recommend it. :)

-matt zagrabelny