Re: ALSA can't find modules

On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 21:54, Andreas Janssen wrote:
> Hello

> I think there are no precompiled modules for the standard Debian
> kernels, so you need the alsa-source package. I think you can find more
> information on building a deb package with the modules you need on
> <http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/tutorials/kernel-pkg/index-kernel-pkg.html.en>
>
> best regards
>         Andreas Janssen

Oops sorry for shooting off my mouth on the last post. I installed
alsa-source right now.
It asks for the cards to build for, i choose i810 (coz the i810 oss
driver works right now)
I change to /usr/src/modules/alsa-driver
I do a ./configure --with-kernel=/usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.21
I don't see any error.
I run make install and the errors:
cp: cannot stat `snd-hwdep.o': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `snd-page-alloc.o': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `snd-pcm.o': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `snd-rawmidi.o': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `snd-timer.o': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `snd.o': No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [_modinst__] Error 1
make: *** [install-modules] Error 1

No way to get alsa working without recompiling kernel ?? :(

Oh well! Can somebody please take the trouble and point me out to links
re:
1> NVIDIA graphics card driver compilation into kernel
2> Any kernel patches i need to apply (I'm going to use an old 2.4.21
kernel source)
3> Any pitfalls i need to look out for

Thanks for spoonfeeding me

--