Re: USB and IDE-SCSI devices not showing up (migration from Mandrake to Debian testing).

On Friday 23 January 2004 23:00, Andreas Janssen wrote:

>> I recently did a clean installation of Debian testing on my
>> workstation, but I can't find my USB devices and CD-RW.
>> and I've installed devfsd and added append="hdd=ide-scsi" to
>> lilo.conf. However cdrecord -scanbus finds nothing and things are

FWIW, I noticed the following in my old (Mandrake) lilo.conf:

image=/boot/vmlinuz
        label=linux
        root=/dev/hda1
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img
        append="quiet devfs=mount hdc=ide-scsi"
        vga=788
        read-only

What does devfs=mount do that /etc/rc*/*devfs start doesn't?

-- Adam