Re: scp: a way to disable password authentication?

On 2004-01-22 21:50:24 -0500, Roberto Sanchez wrote:
> Copy the contents of ~/.ssh/id_dsa.pub on the sending computer
> to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the receiving computer.

It seems that you haven't understood my problem. ~/.ssh/authorized_keys
already contains the key, but due to a NFS problem (I suppose), the key
can't be read by the server. I was given a temporary solution: scp -B
(and I can also use ssh -o 'BatchMode yes' for ssh). However, this also
disables passphrase asking (but this is OK for me, as the passphrase is
asked for by ssh-add in my case; it would be great if scp could do that
too though, i.e. call ssh-add automatically if need be).

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated (X)HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International