Re: Versions

M.Kirchhoff wrote:

If you want the newest software available, Sid/Unstable is where you want to be.
`Unstable` is a misleading term; really, it's more `volatile` than unstable,
that is, packages move into Sid/Unstable constantly, so the environment is in a
constant state of flux,

That's an excellent name. I've had problems explaining to others at times that unstable does not mean what they think it means. I wonder what it'd take to get an "official" name change in Debian from "unstable" to "volatile", and perhaps more importantly, is it even a good idea to consider?

--
Kent