installing matplot lib & dependancies

Hi,

I was looking at installing matplotlib <http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/backends.html#Debian>

I am currently running libranet 2.8.1 (essentially Debian testing).

Some of the requirements for matplotlib are:

fonttools and python-numeric (there are others but the same issues _exactly_ come up).

If I do "apt-get -s install fonttools" I get the warning that the following packages will be removed:

garchiver gnome-core-devel icewm-control-panel liblinc-dev python-gdk-imlib
    python-glade python-gnome python-gtk python-xmlbase

How can I determine if removing any of these would be a "bad" thing for me.

tia

--
Luc Lefebvre

In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities,
in the expert's mind there are few.			<Shunryu Suzuki>

Key fingerprint = D2E5 5E35 B910 6F4E 0242  EC63 0FD9 96D0 C7F4 784E