RE: Debian Woody CONFLICT - libc6 and SpamAssassin

Here's more info on my troubles with dselect:

Dselect says. I choose something new (or nothing at all) from the list
of available packages. Then I try to exit the package selection screen
and I get a 'Dependency/conflict resolution - introduction.'. Then I get
a screen about recursive package listings. Perhaps I need to remove some
file and let Debian recreate it?

"
dselect - recursive package listing
mark:+/=/- verbose:v help:?
EIOM Pri Section  Package      Description
 *** Req base     libc6        GNU C Library: Shared libraries and
Timezone data
 *** Opt interpre spamassassin Perl-based spam filter using text
analysis
"

'dpkg -l spamassassin libc6' says
"
webserv:~# dpkg -l spamassassin libc6

Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
uppercase=bad)
||/ Name                      Version                   Description
+++-=========================-=========================-================
ii  spamassassin              2.20-1woody3              Perl-based spam
filter using text analysis
ii  libc6                     2.2.5-11.5                GNU C Library:
Shared libraries and Timezone data
"

My /etc/apt/sources.list says
"
webserv:~# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
deb ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free
"

I have installed some software outside of the Debian package world but
nothing system level. I always look for the software through Debian
before resorting to source builds and installs.

Thanks for the tips!
 Jason Morrill
 IT Manager
 Child & Family Agency SE Connecticut