PHP segfaults, PCRE related?

Hi,

I'm having problems with PHP on Debian stable (woody, Apache
1.3.26-0woody3, PHP 4.1.2-6woody3, libpcre3 3.4-1.1). The Apache errorlog
shows segmentation faults. A very similar problem existed on another
machine (sarge) and that appeared to be related to libpcre. It could be
fixed by recompiling PHP and linking to the bundled PCRE library instead
of the library installed by Debian.

Please refer to http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=26977 for a more detailed
description.

I have no proof that the problem on the woody machine is the same as
described there and I don't have the possibility to recompile PHP with
debugging enabled, so I wonder if anyone else has encountered this problem
or if anyone can confirm this.

Thanks,
Martijn.