devnagari fonts in mails

hello all

here is the situation.

from my windows machine i send mails home. at home i run debian 3.0 and use exim - fetchmail - mutt combination for mail.

all these mails have to be in english as i do not know how to send mails in devnagari that mutt can read.

but i would prefer to send mails in devnagari.

is it too complicated a process? can it be done between a windows and linux machine?

i know the questions are general. but could someone help me please?

thanks in advance,

sandip