Problem installing Debian 3.0 r1 on Promise Ultra100 TX2 Controller

Hello Debian Users,

I have installed an Ultra 100 TX, and wish to install Debian 3.0
(bf24-Kernel).
It is an ASUS P2B98 OEM Mainboard with Intel onboard IDE Controller, 2 HDs
(Fujitsu 8 GB, WD 20 GB), Internal ZiP Drive and DVD ROMdrive
The Promise is recognized correctly as PCD 20xxx IDE Controller
If I connect an IBM/Hitachi Deskstar 120 (Mod. IC35...., 80 GB Capacity),
Linux boot will hang up, while detecting the Harddisks, after the last
onboard IDE drive was detected as "/dev/hdd".The IBMdrive should be
/dev/hde and I have to power the System off to restart . I tested with Suse
8.1 (Install options acpi=off and it works), but where can I find an
install-boot option like this in Debian.
On the Debian website I only have found an issue about Promise Fast Trak
RAID Contollers. Promise Support was unable to help me.

Can you help me?

sincerely
Marcus Hellwig