Re: question on chat program...

Sometime near Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 09:14:27PM -0800, enantiomer wrote:
> what is the best chat program to use for debian/linux?  I tried the
> new version of gaim, which is supposed to rock, but it doesn't display
> any text on any of the windows.  Is there any other one out there that
> allows you to chat on MSN instant messenger?  that is the one that all
> my friends are on.  Thanks,
>    Enantiomer

Your 2 main choices for MSN at the moment are gaim and aMSN. Gaim i know
is working ATM but aMSN i am not to sure about, as Microsofts new
version of the protocol introduced a new authentication method which
really hit the Linux msn users.

Gaim is my personal favorite, i cannot stand the fact that aMSN is
written inb tk (looks so dodge). But i do credit the author for his work
on it as he really has made it look and feel alot like the microsoft MSN
client.

I used one called Merlin i think in KDE before...try looking into that
one if aMSN fails you.

Owww, last minute idea:

 	http://kmess.sourceforge.net/

Looks real nice, ive never used it but i think i may have to now :P

--
Cheers,
rinmak <rinmak@technine.org>