Re: Preferred PPPoE Tool (Was Recommended ISP's)

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 14:41:28 +0000 (UTC)
M.Kirchhoff <moai@0ubliette.org> wrote:

> According to DSLreports.org, the "bridged" type ADSL connections no
> longer exist. All new ADSL installations are of the PPPoE breed.  If
> their information is accurate (http://www.dslreports.com/faq/1416),
> that truly stinks.
>
> --M. Kirchhoff

I would disagree with them. My domain is currently hosted from a
"bridged" type DSL connection on a static ip. Makes setup pretty nice
and easy.

I have not seen any information from my ISP that that type of connection
is going to change, either. Unfortunately, I think they're probably
limited in where they can sell service, but maybe not since they're just
the ISP to be used on top of a DSL line from your local phone company.
You might try them - http://www.august.net

Their tech support has been pretty helpful and responsive in my
experience - they stayed on the phone with me for the 45 minutes it took
to troubleshoot a connection problem between them and my phone company
(without asking me to do the "Top 10 million things to have a Windows
user do before you believe them" list). Apparently most of their users
are from the other phone company in my area, so nobody had reported the
problem yet when I signed up. So far, that's the been the first and only
problem I've had...

HTH,
Jacob

-----