Preferred PPPoE Tool (Was Recommended ISP's)

Paul Johnson <baloo <at> ursine.ca> writes:

> On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 10:47:33AM -0500, John Kerr Anderson wrote:
> > We're thinking of switching to charter cable internet, but rumour is
> > they're partnered with Micro$oft.  Any recommendations???
>
> Actually, they're not partnered with Microsoft.  Paul Allen just has
> many interests: He's got some major interest in Charter, I think he's
> on the board.  He owns the Portland Trail Blazers and the Seattle
> Seahawks.  He's a cofounder of Microsoft.  He's in charge of TechTV.
> If anything, you want to support Charter, because it gives Allen a
> viable exit strategy should he want to de-Borg himself.

We'll soon be picking up DSL soon. Is there a particular DSL/PPPoE "KillerApp"
that is easy to setup and use? One of our two laptops in the house is WinXP,
so I'm not worried about compatibility there, but mine is running Debian Sid.
I've not used DSL under Linux before. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
M. Kirchhoff