Re: Debian dedicated hosting

DPajur@eircom.ie wrote:
What I'm looking for is something in between. I don't need a managed solution, I'm quite able to administrate my own server, but I do need the option of having reboots on request if something goes wrong. On the other side, I don't want to be paying $100-$150 for a three-year-old desktop PC. I'm looking for something in the range of 2.4 GHz Pentium 4, 512MB RAM, 40+ GB hard disk and 500-1000 GB monthly traffic.

Does anyone know of a reliable hosting company that offers dedicated Debian servers?

You might want to look at Centris. I've got a small box with them and except for the initial hiccups with getting Debian installed and accessable there hasn't been much problem. I did have a network card go sour on me but they replaced it no charge. Other than that it's been smooth service. Of course my needs are low at the moment.

http://dedicated.sentris.com/

They do have a server listed that appears to fit your requirements for about $129/month.