Debian dedicated hosting

Title: Debian dedicated hosting

Hi folks!

I'm looking for a dedicated server supporting Debian, without paying through the nose for a custom installation.

I've been shopping around, and quite frankly the experience is scary. There's small-scale companies offering any sort of cheap server (which are probably just desktops hooked to the network) for next to nothing, and then there's large-scale hosting companies offering managed solutions for lots of money.

What I'm looking for is something in between. I don't need a managed solution, I'm quite able to administrate my own server, but I do need the option of having reboots on request if something goes wrong. On the other side, I don't want to be paying $100-$150 for a three-year-old desktop PC. I'm looking for something in the range of 2.4 GHz Pentium 4, 512MB RAM, 40+ GB hard disk and 500-1000 GB monthly traffic.

I found a couple of hosting companies that would fit the bill, but I'm afraid of going with any of them as I haven't been able to get any decent information on them. For all I know, they could go bankrupt next month, and your server and your money are gone.

Does anyone know of a reliable hosting company that offers dedicated Debian servers?

regards,

Danijel Pajur
eChannel Web Developer
Consumer and small business markets