Panasonic DMC-LC33E digital camera & USB mass storage

Hi!

I'm running Debian testing with a 2.6.1 kernel with USB EHCI, OHCI, UHCI,
mass storage drivers, and SCSI emulation layer compiled in. I own a Asus
P4PE mainboard and a Dawicontrol DuoMedia card for additional USB 2.0 and
IEEE1394 (firewire) ports.
When I attach a Panasonic DMC-LC33E digital camera (equipped with a 16 MB SD
card) to my computer, "lsusb" reports:

Bus 007 Device 003: ID 04da:2372 Panasonic (Matsushita)

Also, I see that the camera is attached to scsi1 and that it should be
available as sda1:

hub 7-0:1.0: new USB device on port 1, assigned address 4
  Vendor: MATSHITA  Model: DMC-LC33          Rev: 0100
sda: assuming Write Enabled
sda: assuming drive cache: write through
 sda:<7>usb-storage: queuecommand called
 sda1
Attached scsi removable disk sda at scsi2, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
Attached scsi generic sg0 at scsi2, channel 0, id 0, lun 0,  type 0

My problem is that when I try to mount this device using

mount /dev/sda1 /img

(the mount point exists) I get the message

mount: no medium found

When looking at the dmesg output (I've got "USB mass storage verbose debug"
compiled in) I see

[...]
usb-storage: Bulk Status S 0x53425355 T 0x8000008d R 0 Stat 0x0
usb-storage: -- Result from auto-sense is 0
usb-storage: -- code: 0x70, key: 0x2, ASC: 0x3a, ASCQ: 0x0
usb-storage: Not Ready: Medium not present
usb-storage: scsi cmd done, result=0x2
usb-storage: *** thread sleeping.
[...]

Can anybody tell me why I get this message and what I can do in order to get
rid of this message and be able to properly mount the device and access the
pictures stored on the SD card?

Any info will be greatly appreciated!

Greetings,

	Holger