gpdf fonts

Hello,

One some recentish apt-get upgrade of unstable (or possibly my own reconfiguration, although I recall nothing related to this), somethings seems to have been changed with gpdf. It is using a different font which I do not recognise to render documents. This is a problem because it is not all that easy to read (although is correctly rendered), and lacks many extended characters (greek, etc).

Any advice on reconfiguring gpdf's use of fonts would be appreciated. GNOME font preferences dialog shows Sans selected for everything apart from terminal font (monospace), and rendering is set for "Best shapes".

Kind regards,
John Spray