Re: Kernel 2.6.*: unwanted messages in terminal / console SOLVED

Hello all,

i managed to resolve this issue by upgrading module-init-tools from
0.9.10 to 0.9.14. Should have tried that first heh.

Am Son, 2004-01-18 um 18.52 schrieb Matthias Hentges:
> Hello all,
>
> i'm running kernel 2.6.1-mm4 on my laptop and i'm *very* pleased with
> it's performance on this rather old machine (Celeron 600).
>
> However, there is one annoying issue i just can't figure out to fix.
>
> Modprobe failures are printed to the last active x-terminal (Eterm in my
> case). I've attached a screenshot of what i mean.
>
> I've searched Google and stumbled upon the normal Debian default of
> printing kernel-messages to the console. However, this behavior is fixed
> on my system:

[...]

--

Matthias Hentges
Cologne / Germany

[www.hentges.net] -> PGP welcome, HTML tolerated
ICQ: 97 26 97 4   -> No files, no URL's

My OS: Debian Woody. Geek by Nature, Linux by Choice