Re: viewing multi-page .tiff: how to in linux

Bijan Soleymani wrote:

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 08:50:58PM -0600, Damon L. Chesser wrote:
Anybody got any ideas how to view a multi-page .tiff file? The only thing I use windows for anymore is to view .tiff's I get from work and Linux does not (that I have found) have a way to view the other pages after page one.

Off the top of my head:
tiff2ps -a image.tif > image.ps
Not sure what you are saying here:  cli
tiff2ps -a image.tif > imag.ps ?

man tiff2ps yields nothing
running the above reports tiff2ps not found.
synaptic reports no tiff2ps
apt-cache search tiff2ps gives no return.

I also think that the gimp might be able to view them, but it might
pop up a seperate window for each (which may or may not be convenient).
Will need to upgrade to gimp 2.0 for that feature.

I just searched google and found a post from debian user about splitting
such tiffs. Apparently tiffsplit from libtiff-tools should do that. Also
ImageMagick is supposed to be able to display them.
will look into tiffsplit.  ImageMagick does display them, I have yet
figured how to print them.  Thanks for your help!

Bijan

--
Damon L. Chesser
dchesser@bigfoot.com