Re: viewing multi-page .tiff: how to in linux

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 08:50:58PM -0600, Damon L. Chesser wrote:
> Anybody got any ideas how to view a multi-page .tiff file?  The only
> thing I use windows for anymore is to view .tiff's I get from work and
> Linux does not (that I have found) have a way to view the other pages
> after page one.

Off the top of my head:
tiff2ps -a image.tif > image.ps

I also think that the gimp might be able to view them, but it might
pop up a seperate window for each (which may or may not be convenient).

I just searched google and found a post from debian user about splitting
such tiffs. Apparently tiffsplit from libtiff-tools should do that. Also
ImageMagick is supposed to be able to display them.

Bijan
--
Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com>
http://www.crasseux.com