Re: Need help with USB

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 02:06:45PM -0500, Andrew Perrin wrote:
> Make sure you have the following in /etc/fstab:
>
> none  /proc/bus/usb  usbdevfs  defaults  0  0
>
> if you add that during a session, do a:
>
> mount -a
>
> as root to mount the USB devices.
>
> ap

Thanks. That got usbview working.
Next clue/question:

In syslog, when I attempt hot sync, I see a line:

Jan 18 12:30:40 big kernel: usb.c: USB device 14 (vend/prod 0x82d/0x100) is not claimed by any active driver.

The device number increments each time I make another attempt to hot
sync. Clearly, I need another driver, but what driver is it that I
need? I see mention of a Palm Pilot support selection in a HOWTO, but
I don't find it when I run make menuconfig for my kernel. So, what
is the name of the module that I should modprobe?

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@peakpeak.com