Re: Need help with USB

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 12:02:42PM -0600, Kent West wrote:
> Kent West wrote:
>
> >Paul E Condon wrote:
> >
> >>I am attempting to get working a USB connection from
> >>my Sarge machine to a Handspring Visor. I have never before had USB
> >>working on this machine (never tried
> >>before).
> >

> Also, usbview might be of some value to you.
>
> --
> Kent

Thanks, Kent. But ...
I remembered selecting ttyUSB0 during configure of jpilot.
I used dpkg-reconfigure to re-do that and select ttyUSB1.
Didn't change the results. I installed usbview, and have
a new error message that may give a clue as to what I should
do next. When I try to run usbview I get an error box containing

"Can not open the file /proc/bus/usb/devices

Verify that you have USB compiled into your kernel,
have the USB core modules loaded, and have the
usbdevfs filesystem mounted."

The stock kernel that I'm using seems to have USB support, and
according to lsmod, usbcore and usb-uhci are loaded.
But I haven't done anything about usbdevfs. This is the first
I've heard of it. I don't find a debian package for usbdevfs
or anything about it in man pages, so where do I find out about
usbdevfs?

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@peakpeak.com