Re: Recommended ISP's

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004, at 11:14 -0500, Brett Carrington wrote:

> I wouldn't recommend cable for the pure fact that you are sharing the
> cable line with everyone on your block. Kiddie MP3 trader guys will
> sap your bandwidth but malicious hacker #434 can sniff anything on
> that line.

I don't think that's a problem these days as it used to be; many Cable
providers have plenty of bandwidth on the local cable circuit especially
after the influx of upgrades, as well as caps of course. And it's
certainly not possible to sniff traffic as it used to be for some Cable
providers.

--
scott c. linnenbringer	   |   sl@panix.com
http://www.moslug.org/~sl  |  sl@moslug.org